What to do prior to your appointment
PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT
Please remember to bring a printed copy of your lab order when you visit Quest. This can be found in your patient portal. Your lab order will look like this. If you do not have this paperwork please let us know before you go to Quest.
- Wear sleeves that roll up easily.
- Fasting may be required for lipid (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL) and glucose
tests. Please check in your account to see if your order requires any special preparation.
Fasting means do not eat or drink anything other than water 8-12 hours before your blood collection. Sorry, that means no coffee!
Check if any other special preparation is required prior to testing. You can view instructions prior to testing in your orders page of the patient portal.
- You will not have to pay anything at the lab as everything has been paid for with Lab Testing API. The Quest testing location will know this because our account number is on the lab order. If you are asked to make a payment, please contact us immediately and we will talk to the testing location on your behalf.
- You do not have to schedule an appointment as walk-ins are permitted. However, if you wish to make an appointment, you can do so on the Quest website. we are also happy to do this for you. Just let us know where you are going and the best date and time. Here is how you can place an appointment on the Quest website.
- If you do not have a printer, we can also fax your lab order to your specified location the morning you are getting tested. You just need to arrange that with us prior to testing, and we will send you a confirmation that this has been arranged.
- When your results are ready, they will be sent to your patient portal and we will email you to notify you of their arrival. If you want to let us know the date you are getting tested, we can make a note to keep an eye on your results for you.
Our goal is to help you where ever we can. If you need us please reach out.
P.S. Lab testing isn’t the nicest thing in the world, but breathe... it will be over before you know it!